- E. V. Stenson, U. Hergenhahn, M. R. Stoneking, T. S. Pedersen. “Positron-Induced Luminescence.” Physical Review Letters 120, 147401 (2018). [link, supplemental information, PDF (© 2018 APS)]
- M. R. Stoneking, H. Saitoh, M. Singer, E. V. Stenson, J. Horn-Stanja, T. S. Pedersen, S. Nißl, U. Hergenhahn, N. Yanagi, C. Hugenschmidt, M. Dickmann, J. R. Danielson, & C. M. Surko. “Toward a compact levitated superconducting dipole for positron-electron plasma confinement.” Non-Neutral Plasma Physics X, AIP Conference Proceedings, 1928, 020015 (2018). [link]
- H. Saitoh, J. Horn-Stanja, S. Nißl, E. V. Stenson, U. Hergenhahn, T. S. Pedersen, M. Singer, M. Dickmann, C. Hugenschmidt, M. R. Stoneking, J. R. Danielson, & C. M. Surko. “Manipulation of positron orbits in a dipole magnetic field with fluctuating electric fields.” Non-Neutral Plasma Physics X, AIP Conference Proceedings, 1928, 020013 (2018). [link]
- U. Hergenhahn, J. Horn-Stanja, S. Nissl, T. S. Pedersen, S. Saitoh, E. V. Stenson, M. R. Stoneking, M. Dickmann, C. Hugenschmidt, M. Singer, J. R. Danielson & C. M. Surko. “Progress of the APEX experiment for creation of an electron-positron pair plasma.” Non-Neutral Plasma Physics X, AIP Conference Proceedings, 1928, 020004 (2018). [link]
- E. V. Stenson, J. Horn-Stanja, M. R. Stoneking, T. S. Pedersen. “Debye length and plasma skin depth: Two length scales of interest in the creation and diagnosis of laboratory pair plasmas.” Journal of Plasma Physics 83 (1), 2017. [link, PDF]
→ Chosen by the Editorial Board as a “Featured Article”.
- J. Stanja, U. Hergenhahn, H. Niemann, N. Paschkowski, T. Sunn Pedersen, H. Saitoh, E. V. Stenson, M. R. Stoneking, C. Hugenschmidt, C. Piochacz. “Characterization of the NEPOMUC primary and remoderated positron beams at different energies.” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment 827, 52 (2016). [link, PDF (preprint)]
- H. Saitoh, J. Stanja, E. V. Stenson, U. Hergenhahn, H. Niemann, T. Sunn Pedersen, M. R. Stoneking, C. Piochacz, and C. Hugenschmidt. “Efficient injection of an intense positron beam into a dipole magnetic field.” New Journal of Physics, 17: 103038 (2015). [link, PDF]
- E. V. Stenson, H. Saitoh, J. Stanja, H. Niemann, U. Hergenhahn, T. Sunn Pedersen, G. H. Marx, L. Schweikhard, J. R. Danielson, C. M. Surko, C. Hugenschmidt. “Progress toward positron-electron pair plasma experiments.” Non-Neutral Plasma Physics IX, AIP Conference Proceedings 1668, 04004 (2015). [link, PDF (preprint)]
- H. Saitoh, T. S. Pedersen, U. Hergenhahn, E. V. Stenson, N. Paschkowski, C. Hugenschmidt. “Recent status of A Positron-Electron Experiment (APEX).” Journal of Physics Conference Series 505, 012045 (2014). [link, PDF]
- E. V. Stenson, P. M. Bellan. “Quantifying the dynamic evolution of individual arched magnetic flux tubes.” Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, Volume 54, Issue 12, article no. 124017 (2012). [link]
- E. V. Stenson, P. M. Bellan. “Magnetically-driven flows in arched plasma structures.” Physical Review Letters, Volume 109, article no. 075001 (2012). [link, PDF]
→ Chosen as an “Editors’ Suggestion”.
→ Chosen for a feature article in Physics.
- E. V. Stenson, P. M. Bellan, “Dual-Species Plasmas Illustrate MHD Flows.” IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Volume 36, Issue 4 Part 1, page 1206 (2008). [link]
- P. M. Bellan , A. L. Moser, E. V. Stenson, R. W. Perkins, D. Kumar, T. Shikama. “Dynamics of Open-field-line MHD Experimental Configurations and Theoretical Investigation of Action Integrals as Effective Hamiltonians.” 24th IAEA Fusion Energy Conference Proceedings (2012). [PDF]
- P. M. Bellan, D. Kumar, E. V. Stenson, S. K. P. Tripathi, G. S. Yun, and A. L. Moser, “Laboratory simulations of astrophysical jets and solar coronal loops: new results.” AIP Conference Proceedings, Volume 1242, page 156 (2010). [link, PDF]
- P. M. Bellan, G. S. Yun, S. K. P. Tripathi, and E. V. Stenson. “Tendency of MHD Forces to Create Localized, Collimated Plasma-filled Flux Tubes & Ion Orbit Instability in a Flux Tube.” Journal of Fusion Energy, Volume 27, Issue 1-2, page 2 (2008). [link]
Note: Articles in preparation or undergoing the review process are not listed.
last updated: May 2018
- “Discoveries and advances en route to electron/positron pair plasmas.” Invited talk: POSMOL 2017 (7th joint meeting of the International Workshop on Low-Energy Positron and Positronium Physics and the International Symposium on Electron-Molecule Collisions and Swarms). Magnetic Island, Australia. 22 July, 2017.
- “En route to electron/positron pair plasmas.” Invited talk: 12th International Workshop on Non-neutral Plasmas. Appleton, WI. 12 July 2017.
- “En route to electron/positron pair plasmas: transportation and trapping of positrons in a dipole magnetic field.” Invited talk: 10th International Nonlinear Wave and Chaos Workshop. San Diego, CA. 22 March 2017.
- “En route to electron/positron pair plasmas.” Invited talk: California Institute of Technology Applied Physics Seminar Series. Pasadena, CA. 15 March 2017.
- “En route to electron/positron pair plasmas.” Institute Colloquium: Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics. Garching, Germany. 14 October 2016.
- “Selected results from PAX/APEX positron beam experiments.” 14th International Workshop on Slow Positron Beam Techniques & Applications. Matsue, Japan. 24 May 2016.
- “From flux tubes to positron traps: Diverse tools for fundamental plasma physics investigations.” Invited talk: Bochumer Kolloquium zur Plasmaphysik. Bochum, Germany. 10 June 2015.
- “Tools for fusing atoms, sussing out our sun, and amassing antimatter” (plasma physics for a general audience). Nerd Nite Berlin #22. Berlin, Germany. 20 May 2015.
- “En route to matter-antimatter pair plasmas.” Invited talk: DPG Spring Meeting. Bochum, Germany. 4 March 2015.
- “Progress toward positron accumulation for use in pair plasmas.” Invited talk: 11th International Workshop on Non-neutral Plasmas. Takamatsu, Japan. 4 December 2014.
- “Flows in flux tubes and matter-antimatter pair plasmas: two ‘basic plasma physics’ experiments of astrophysical interest.” Invited talk: 9th international Nonlinear Wave and Chaos Workshop. San Diego, CA. 6 March 2013.
- “Axial flows in expanding arched, plasma-filled flux tubes.” DPG Spring Meeting. Jena, Germany. 26 February 2013.
- “Forces, fields, & flows: What laboratory experiments reveal about the dynamics of arched plasma structures.” Invited talk: Ruhr Universität Bochum, Germany. 16 November 2012.
- “MHD flows in arched magnetic flux tubes.” Invited talk: European Physical Society/ International Congress on Plasma Physics joint conference. Stockholm, Sweden. 4 July 2012.
- “The dynamics of arched, plasma-filled magnetic flux tubes.” Invited talk: 9th International Conference on High Energy Density Laboratory Astrophysics. Tallahassee, FL. 3 May 2012.
- “Flares and Chromospheric Activity.” Tutorial talk: Solar, Heliospheric & INterplanetary Environment Workshop, Snowmass Village, CO. 11 July 2011.
- “Magnetized plasma loops: Exploring the fundamental physics of solar structures.” Invited talk: Frontiers in Science Seminar, CSU San Marcos. 17 March 2011.
- “Solar flares.” Tutorial talk: Solar, Heliospheric & INterplanetary Environment Workshop, Santa Fe, NM. 25 July 2010.
- “Fast flows in arched plasma flux tubes.” Invited talk: Innovative Confinement Conference, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. 17 February 2010.
- “Magnetic fields and axial flows in the Caltech ‘solar’ experiment.” CMPD/CMSO Winter School 2010, UCLA. 6 January 2010.
- “Bringing the Sun down to Earth: Exploring the physics of plasma loops.” Invited seminar: University of Idaho, 13 February 2009.
- “The sun: from the center out.” Invited tutorial talk: Solar, Heliospheric & INterplanetary Environment Workshop, Zermatt, UT. 22 June 2008.
- “The flows behind kinetic jets in the Caltech solar loop experiment.” CMPD/CMSO Winter School 2008, UCLA. 9 January 2008.
- “Flows and interactions in laboratory coronal loops.” Solar, Heliospheric & INterplanetary Environment Workshop, Whistler, BC. 29 July 2007.
- “Flow visualization in plasma arches.” US/Japan Workshop on Compact Torus Plasmas, Swarthmore College, PA. 4 November 2006.
last updated: August 2017
After I exceeded a couple dozen posters, it seemed like it probably didn’t make sense to list them all individually anymore. But in the event you saw one somewhere (or saw the abstract for one), and you’d be interested in getting a copy, just get in touch and I’d be more than happy to oblige.